[svlug] Browser problems

Bill Jonas bill at billjonas.com
Sun Dec 2 04:32:02 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 01:31:33AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> If you're specifying a font face and size, you're violating this basic
> tenet (you're in large, if bad, company).  Worst is if you specify
> font size in points or pixels.

I might as well jump in and ask for an opinion here.  On my site, I play
a few stupid font tricks, but not many.  I never specify absolute sizes
or a particular font, though, and it's only things like '<font
size="+2">' and '<font size="-1">'.  It's mainly for subtly emphasizing
and de-emphasizing certain sections of the page.  It displays well in
text browsers.  In the opinion of the group, is this acceptable, or
should the <font> tag be avoided entirely?

--
Bill Jonas    *    bill at billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html