[svlug] Re: There is as much PRO as AGAINST ... <- NEW: Here's the solution!!!

Russ Emerson russ at emersons.net
Wed May 31 12:56:23 PDT 2000

Comments below.

Bryan -TheBS- Smith wrote:

> So, in review:
>
> A.  Making a point to:
>
>  Post Subject:  RE: My topic is cool
>      Response:  RE: My topic is cool <- But I have this take on it

If your reply is on-topic, we already know you have a "take" on it
(unless the reply is a "me too.")  Munging the subject line is
unnecessary.

> B.  Making a point with additional info that goes into other details
>
>  Post Subject:  RE: My topic is cool
>      Response:  RE: My topic is cool <- NEW: My take, with other info

As above, if the post is on topic (even with added info) the subject
line doesn't need alteration.

> C.  Going off on a tanget from the subject, off-topic:
>  Post Subject:  RE: My topic is cool
>      Response:  Yeah, but what about this topic? -- WAS: My topic is cool

I'm OK with this - seems to be the already-accepted practice.

> Any complaints?!?!?!

No, that's about it.  YMMV.

Russ
--
Russ Emerson                           http://www.emersons.net/russ/
"I am a fully rounded human being, with a degree from the university