[svlug] IP Chains and 2.4.0-x

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Wed May 31 19:31:39 PDT 2000

At Wed, 31 May 2000 it looks like Tin Le composed:

TL-> Did you remember to insmod the correct modules?  In the right order?
TL-> Such as below:

	No, I was hoping that the IP Chains options would be backwards
compatible. I only found one of the three mentioned modules but not in
the /lib/modules/2.4.0-test1/net/*

	I found the ipchains.o in the /lib/modules/2.4.0-test1/ipv4/
directory and not the others. I'll check my .config and see where I
goofed here. Thanks again, I'll forge on till I get this, it reminds
me of the first 2.0.x issues I has with my first ipfwadm stuff. It's
good to get humbled, keeps me level. :) Thanks

TL-> /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/$VERSION/net/ip_defrag.o
TL-> /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/$VERSION/net/netfilter_dev.o
TL-> /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/$VERSION/net/ipchains.o

        Bill Schoolcraft         http://www.wiliweld.com
        PO Box 210076	         San Francisco, CA 94121
                " saevis tranquillus in undis "