[svlug] LinuxWorld Conference & Expo

Steve M Bibayoff smb23 at csufresno.edu
Wed May 31 16:45:18 PDT 2000

Steve
If Microsoft doesn't trust Windows(TM), why should you?
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q80/5/20.ASP

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Karen Shaeffer wrote:

> It is free to attend the conference floor, if you register early. This
> justifies a link to svlug. (I guess the link should be removed after
> the early registration date expires.) What better way for newbies to learn
> about Linux than to attend that conference? I realize there are better
> ways, but if you don't already know about them, then the conference is
> really a good, local opportunity...

This may be wrong if they indeed changed names, but..

The conferences cost money,
the exhibit floor is free if you register ahead of time.
Also the tutorials cost alot more money, if anybody is interested.

And personally, I don't think people will learn as much then just
attending a regular LUG meeting. Not flaming anybody in paticular,
especially not IDG or Linuxworld, but I noticed almaot have the booths
staffed by "sale people", who where never able to answer my questions.
"But That's Just My Opinion. I Could Be Wrong"(1).

Steve

(1) if Rick was part of the MPAA, I would be sued dozens of times, in
different states, for circumventing a 'strong' protection control called
ASCII.