[svlug] Re: There is as much PRO as AGAINST ... <- NEW: Here's the solution!!!

Bryan -TheBS- Smith thebs at theseus.com
Wed May 31 13:36:51 PDT 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Rick Moen wrote:
>    The idea is not, of course, to write an editorial in the subject
>    line or otherwise microadjust the conversation, thereby, to match
>    _your_ posts.  Remember, the header is intended for other
>    participants' posts, too.

I sometimes copy the subject into the first line of the body.  The
reason being that some mail readers put the subject somewhere not
very visible (especially when you open it).  So sue me.

> 3. If the resulting line is absurdly long, trim it.

As with the "..." I sometimes place.  I don't know about your mail
reader, but every mail reader of mine just truncates it in the
list.  You get the full subject when you open it.

So WTF is the problem here?!?!?!

> To me, the conventional practice looks non-broken.  So, I see no need to
> fix it, and I fail to see the point of the current discussion.

I beg to differ.  I should point to your never lasting Outlook
discussion.  I don't know how many times things went everywhere on
that one!

-- TheBS

--
 Bryan "TheBS" Smith -- Engineer, IT Professional and Hacker
      E-mail:  mailto:thebs at theseus.com,b.j.smith at ieee.org
  Disclaimer:  http://www.SmithConcepts.com/legal.html