[svlug] 'Stupid Tax' -- origins?

kmself@ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 31 13:06:26 PDT 2000

I'm trying to track down the origins of the term "Stupid Tax" to
describe the rationale for contributing code modifications back to the
codebase maintainer.   Or specifically, the cost of not doing so, that
being having to maintain a seperate and divergent development branch.
Unfortunately, Google and Deja searches tend to point back to me.  I
know I'm not the person who invented the phrase.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  Evangelist, Opensales, Inc.                       http://www.opensales.org