[svlug] LinuxWorld Conference & Expo

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at best.com
Wed May 31 12:22:13 PDT 2000

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 11:40:20AM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> "Jose Medeiros" <cobra at jps.net> writes:
>
> > Just a reminder to the SVLUG membership
> > to register for the Expo.
>
> > http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/
>
> > Maybe we should have a link off SVLUG's web page?
>
> Hmm, tricky question.  It is a local event, but it's also a commercial
> event.  Do they really need free advertising?

It is free to attend the conference floor, if you register early. This
justifies a link to svlug. (I guess the link should be removed after
the early registration date expires.) What better way for newbies to learn
about Linux than to attend that conference? I realize there are better
ways, but if you don't already know about them, then the conference is
really a good, local opportunity...

c,
--
 Karen Shaeffer