[svlug] pcmcia network adapters

Bill Jonas bj at netaxs.com
Wed May 31 04:40:29 PDT 2000

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Andrew Edem wrote:

>I've never had any troulbe with they PCI NetGear cards, and for $30 at
>Fry's, they are a steal.

Netgear FA310TX -- 100Mb, full duplex (I think), etc.  If I'm not
mistaken, though, they're $21.95 retail/list price, unless you were
talking about a different model.

I got mine off the return rack for $17.96 and haven't had any problem
with it for a couple of months.  (Bear in mind, though, that it's not
used full-time; dial-up connection at home, an occasional home LAN,
taking to work and hooking it into the T-3-connected Ethernet, etc.  It
seemed to do pretty well at a LAN party I went to, as well.)

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/