[svlug] Laplink

Todd A. Lyons todd at mrball.net
Tue May 30 19:59:46 PDT 2000

I have a customer that has an industrial computer installed on one of his
machines.  It is a 386 with only a very basic DOS install (5.0 IIRC).  It has
two serial ports and a parallel port.  COM1 communicates with a PLC so its
function is dedicated.  COM2 is open for my use.  On this computer resides an
old copy of laplink.  Is there a program available for Linux that can
interface with DOS laplink?  I've not found anything yet, but that doesn't
mean that it doesn't exist.  If I could waltz in there and use my Linux laptop
to download this, it would certainly make the customer (and my boss) stand up
and take notice.
--
Blue skies...		Cannonball  	http://www.mrball.net
*       One GUI to rule them all, One GUI to find them        *