[svlug] I have a "lilo.raid" script just for RAID-1 -- Re: booting from software raid?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 30 12:56:10 PDT 2000

begin  Bryan -TheBS- Smith quotation:

> *OTHERWISE*, I *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* those 3ware cards
> (http://www.3ware.com).

IDE raid?  No thanks.

About the only point of that would be maximum storage with redundancy
per dollar, with all other considerations including real-world
performance and IRQ consumption, taking a back seat.  I value my time
and trouble, and therefore buy only quality hardware.

--
Cheers,     "Not using Microsoft products is like being a non-smoker 40 or 50
Rick Moen    years ago:  You can choose not to smoke, yourself, but it's hard