[svlug] pcmcia network adapters

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Sat May 27 20:24:28 PDT 2000

> Linux, so my buddy called them up.  The first tech didn't know exactly how to
> respond to him.  The second tech's response was "that's just a marketing
> ploy."  Kudos for honesty, but it kinda ticks me off that they would do that

Hmm. I'm not specifically looking for pcmcia, since I just have a desktop, but
this is still interesting. I wonder how significant saying 'linux
supported' on a network product is anyhow, given that linux is so
prevalent in the server/network arena.

> In regard to my friend's situation, he brought the DLink back and got a
> Linksys 10/100.  Plugged it in, worked without a hitch.  I spose I could

I'm looking into them as well. My vendor (pccconnection.com) doesn't have
them in stock, but they have Netgear, Asante, and some other brands I've
not heard of (I have heard of Netgear and Asante.)

But I'm still researching -- I'll need something by the time the DSL
connection comes though.

> Blue skies...		Cannonball  	http://www.mrball.net

David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.