[svlug] Multiport ethernet card that will work with Linux?

Paul Keser paulk at shopexpert.com
Fri May 26 14:07:24 PDT 2000

The hardware component will just be the start.  Getting redundant Linux FW1
firewalls to failover seamlessly will be the challenging part.  I've done
this dozens of times on Nokia IPSO (Hardened FreeBSD w/ rewritten TCP/IP
stack) boxes running VRRP(virtual redundant router protocol, basically
stds. based HSRP) boxes.

I don't know if its been done on Linux yet.  On the FW1 mailing list All I
hear is people running single firewall setups waiting to see if someone
else has done HA...

I am in SF but the colocation facility where the firewalls will live is in
Sunnyvale.

-PaulK

At 12:19 PM 5/26/2000, Alvin Oga wrote:

>hi ya paul
>
>if you are local to silicon valley...
>send me an email over the weekend....its a good project
>to play with 4-6 NIC ports on a 1U box...
>( am assuming the 4-port cards are available offthe shelf ?
>
>thanx
>alvin

Paul Keser
Network Security Engineer