[svlug] Port 1480, pacerfourm.

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Fri May 26 13:23:23 PDT 2000

At Fri, 26 May 2000 it looks like Chris Waters composed:

CW-> Well, I just checked, and gnome-session is definitely not hardwired to
CW-> 1480.  On my laptop, for example, it's using 1025/tcp.  I suspect that
CW-> it chooses a free port at random, or something.

Hmmm, so excuse my "chicken-n-egg" thinking, but _if_ a service does
randomly choose 1480, the portscan only checks for life, references
who's the last registered owner of that port and  not who's
actually breathing behind the port ?

        Bill Schoolcraft  http://www.billschoolcraft.com
        PO Box 210076	         San Francisco, CA 94121

                " saevis tranquillus in undis "