[svlug] Time - yy mm dd hh mm ss

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Fri May 26 08:05:28 PDT 2000

At 11:04 PM 5/25/00 -0700, Edward M. Goldberg wrote:
>Ray,
>
>OK you caught me.  The code is I need is for Fortran!  I did not
>want to say that I was working on old code.....
>
>So what I need is the source for this conversion so that I can convert it
>to Fortran 77  ( GoTOs and if(a) 100,200,300 ... )

Well, if it's any comfort to you, Fortran was the first language I learned
to program in. Never used it on Unix or Linux though ....

If you want the source, check CPAN for the source of the Perl module I
mentioned. I assume the souce for the "date" command Seth mentioned is
available as part of the Linux source ... I'd guess the command is in the
"base" of most major distributions.

But in a Linux context, I assume Fortran has a facility for running external
programs -- an equivalent to system() or backtics in newer languages. I'd
just use that facility to call "date" and work with its outout in ways that
are already familiar to you.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray at comarre.com