[svlug] startx | no tcp port ?

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Fri May 26 04:12:47 PDT 2000

At Thu, 25 May 2000 it looks like Seth David Schoen composed:

SDS-> That's the "-nolisten tcp" option (see Xserver(1) or a recent BUGTRAQ
SDS-> post from Fred Silva).
SDS->
SDS-> So you could do
SDS->
SDS-> startx -- -nolisten tcp
SDS->
SDS-> Interestingly, ssh X forwarding can still work under this, which means
SDS-> that ssh can act as a client for a Unix domain socket when forwarding
SDS-> a display, I think.  That's pretty amazing; I was sure ssh forwarding
SDS-> was going to be TCP-only.

Thanks Seth,
	I just got up for work (4:15am) and tried it and port 6000
still shows up so I'll be playing with this for a while. :)

        Bill Schoolcraft  http://www.billschoolcraft.com
        PO Box 210076	         San Francisco, CA 94121

                " saevis tranquillus in undis "