[svlug] startx | no tcp port ?

Jeffrey B. Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Thu May 25 21:39:29 PDT 2000

Seth David Schoen wrote:
> Interestingly, ssh X forwarding can still work under this, which means
> that ssh can act as a client for a Unix domain socket when forwarding
> a display, I think.  That's pretty amazing; I was sure ssh forwarding
> was going to be TCP-only.

ssh forwarding is TCP-only except for X connections, which are built
into ssh as a special case. (Ssh does more than just forwarding the
connection itself.  It is more like an X protocol-aware proxy which uses
X's magic-cookie protocol in concert with connection forwarding in a
clever and useful way.)

You're absolutely right about the -nolisten option.  I missed that--it
was right in the man page I mentioned.