[svlug] bootable disk image install

Samuel Eliott bananajr at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 20:50:31 PDT 2000

Here is the situation:

I need to make a bootable CD that would install a duplicate of my hard drive onto another machine or machines.  I am running red hat 6.2 and would like to install it onto a similar machine with the same size hard drive.  How can I do this?  I would prefer to use non-commercial products.

I have created disk images using mkisofs and I have even combined them with a boot.img, but I could not make it install a disk image.

I would appreciate any help in this regard,

Thank you,

Sam