[svlug] CCIA White Paper -- MS Win 2000 Server Domination

Sam Talebbeik saeedt at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 25 14:36:23 PDT 2000

Karen Shaeffer wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 09:07:07AM -0600, greenglow484 at juno.com wrote:
> > Last night, I came across a "white paper" published by the CCIA, the
> > Computer
> > & Communications Industry Association.  Its title is:  "Microsoft Windows
> > 2000: Blueprint for Domination".  It's located at:
> > http://www.ccianet.org/Win2000web.html
> ---end quoted text---
>
> Well, this document is, literally or some form of derivative of, the friend of
> the court document the CCIA filed in the M$ antitrust case. It basically
> lays it out. There is no question M$ will be broken up and this document will
> go a long way in helping to sustain that breakup through the appeals process.
>
> --
>  Karen Shaeffer
>  Neuralscape; Santa Cruz, Ca. 95060
>  shaeffer at neuralscape.com  http://www.neuralscape.com

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Yesterday it was the desktop. Today
it
is windows 2000 and the servers. Tomorrow it will be every single
handlheld
device. here is a link to a good article about the latest developments
in the court today. The issue of competition against palm os is also
discussed.

http://www.thestandard.net/article/display/0,1151,15389,00.html

Sam Talebbeik (saeedt at ix.netcom.com)
http://www.setjump.net