[svlug] Port 1480, pacerfourm.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 25 11:46:27 PDT 2000

begin  Joey Hess quotation:

> Last I checked, ports above 1024 were first-come, first-served.

Yes, but 1480/tcp had already _been_ first-served, and was so listed in
the IANA-maintained Registered Ports list.  "The IANA registers uses of
these ports as a convenience to the community", to quote the list.

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,