[svlug] Re: Breaking the 2GB EXT2 file size limitation with LFS patch ...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 24 11:12:04 PDT 2000

begin  Bryan -TheBS- Smith quotation:

> Yes, well I use their variant because I don't have time to track
> down my own patches and do my own investigations.  Let alone do I
> like to muck with a production server any more than I have to.

Well, good luck to you.  I prefer to _know_ what I'm running -- and
I find that beta snake oil wastes my time and money.

I do hope you get the help you need, in any event.

> Besides, their track history on NFS stability is excellent IMHO.
> No one else seems to integrate numerous, much needed NFS patches as
> standard.

In my experience, the worthwhile coding, integration,and QA work in that
area is performed by David Higgin and H.J. Liu.  But your mileage may
differ.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           Never ask a sysadmin "What's up?"