[svlug] Why use RedHat kernel RPMs??? -- WAS: Breaking the 2GB EXT2 file size limitation with LFS patch ...

Bryan -TheBS- Smith thebs at theseus.com
Wed May 24 10:28:24 PDT 2000

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Rick Moen wrote:
> I'd suggest asking Red Hat Software, Inc., since you've
> elected to use their variant kernel code.

Yes, well I use their variant because I don't have time to track
down my own patches and do my own investigations.  Let alone do I
like to muck with a production server any more than I have to.

Besides, their track history on NFS stability is excellent IMHO.
No one else seems to integrate numerous, much needed NFS patches as
standard.

-- TheBS

--
 Bryan "TheBS" Smith -- Engineer, IT Professional and Hacker
      E-mail:  mailto:thebs at theseus.com,b.j.smith at ieee.org
  Disclaimer:  http://www.SmithConcepts.com/legal.html