[svlug] Blue with BRU, need replacement, "enterprise" backup solution ...

Paul Keser paulk at shopexpert.com
Tue May 23 14:09:11 PDT 2000

I don't think I could recommend Legato for anything until things settle
down...

from Yahoo Stocks of the week 5/19/00

"Legato Systems (Nasdaq:LGTOE - news)
The beleaguered storage-management company slipped further this week when it
reported break-even results for the first quarter, excluding merger-related
costs
and goodwill amortization. That compares with a First Call consensus
forecast for earnings of 7 cents. Including the one-time costs, the company
lost 12 cents per
share in the quarter.

Legato also scaled back figures for the first three quarters and the full
year of 1999 due to the discovery earlier this year of unauthorized side
agreements that affect
the accounting of revenues for certain transactions.

In addition, the company said it is working with the Nasdaq to end delisting
procedures that started on April 20. The company's ticker was changed from
``LGTO''
to ``LGTOE'' earlier this year due to continued delays in the filing of the
company's 1999 earnings report.

The company ended the week off 1/2 at 11 7/8. Legato shares have lost more
than 83% of their value this calendar year."

A friends wife used to work there and all her stock went in the dumper when
they were delisted.  Don't know a thing about their products though...

-PaulK

Paul Keser
Network Security Engineer
paulk at shopexpert.com