[svlug] Not trying to knock the gift horse ... -- Re: Need replacement, "enterprise" backup solution ...

Bryan -TheBS- Smith thebs at theseus.com
Tue May 23 13:12:30 PDT 2000

Not trying to knock the gift horse ... -- Re: Need replacement,
"enterprise" backup solution ...

Not trying to "knock" the gift horse in its mouth here, but I need
FIRST HAND RECOMMENDATIONS (if any), not lists.

I "know of" Veritas, Legato, CA ArcServe, etc... plus Quadratec
Time Navigator.  All I have to go on is the vendor's info.  I need
FIRST HAND INFO, and your thoughts on the packages.

Please, please, unless you know of these products and have used
them on Linux, you are not telling me anything I don't already know.

Maybe it's time for an "Ask ./"???  We'll, forget that, they just
decline it only to post the exact same article/comment/question a
week later by someone else.

Thanx in advance ...

-- TheBS

--
 Bryan "TheBS" Smith -- Engineer, IT Professional and Hacker
      E-mail:  mailto:thebs at theseus.com,b.j.smith at ieee.org
  Disclaimer:  http://www.SmithConcepts.com/legal.html