[svlug] Re: Dual Processors

Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat emayssat at valinux.com
Tue May 23 12:27:08 PDT 2000

On my debian system, I can get some information in /proc/<process>/cpu
( but not on my redhat !?! )
My 'top' doesn't return any info per cpu.
This may mean that
you have to apply kernel patch for proc
                  patch for top

my debian kernel is :
2.2.15pre14

For what I understand ps return formated info that can be found in /proc/<pid>/
stat. I would believe it is the same for top.
So if the info is not in /proc even applying patches to top won't help much.

--
Emmanuel

| Robert-Emmanuel Mayssat                      @ VA Linux, Inc       |
| https://vaweb.valinux.com/~emayssat/         Desk # : 408/542-8759 |