[svlug] Network cards supporting Linux

Paul Keser paulk at shopexpert.com
Tue May 23 09:18:06 PDT 2000

I had trouble getting my 3Com Megahertz 10/100 to work until I changed when
PCMCIA initialized so it initialized before networking.  I changed it from
S45PCMCIA in rc3.d & rc5.d to S04PCMCIA (I am going from memory...Don't have
a Linux box at work yet)  Now I can interchange my 3Com 10MB & my 3Com
10/100 cards at will.  Gave up trying to get my 10/100/56k Modem card to
work.  Haven't tried it since the change though.

-PaulK

Paul Keser
Network Security Engineer
paulk at shopexpert.com