[svlug] Re: NetGear and 100BaseT on 2.2.16-pre2

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Mon May 22 10:13:44 PDT 2000

I ran all the cables through a fluke for Wire Mapping.  All clean.
the card gave the same performance in both Windows and Linux, no
link, but no errors either.  Under linux, the driver detected
the lack of Link when I plugged it into the switch.  Windows just
didn't say anything, but also, no link.  I took the card out
and put a 3c595 in place, using the same cables, port on the switch,
etc and it's working now.

I just called linksys.  They didn't deny it and they were going to have
a tech call to get info to ship me a new power supply...

Robert

Thus spake Paul Keser (paulk at shopexpert.com):