[svlug] Re: NetGear and 100BaseT on 2.2.16-pre2

Paul Keser paulk at shopexpert.com
Mon May 22 10:07:38 PDT 2000

That sounds like a copout to me.  I've never heard that one before...even
when I was supporting switches & hubs at 3Com.

Fast ethernet be sure you have good cable (CAT5) & no split pairs (1-2,
3-6), 10BT you can run on almost anything but it is still better to have
CAT5 and of course no split pairs.

What does /proc/pci say regarding the NIC?  Does it identify it or say
something link unknown tulip...I will see if I can get my /proc/pci & email
it to you for comparison.  Might not be able to until tonight though.

You said it worked with windows didn't you?  That would seem to preclude a
hardware incompatibility.

-PaulK

You can take the engineer out of tech support but you can't take tech
support out of the engineer...

Paul Keser
Network Security Engineer
paulk at shopexpert.com