[svlug] kernel source and ctag

Tim Pepper tpepper at vato.org
Sat May 20 10:09:44 PDT 2000

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat wrote:

> I would like to navigate the kernel source.
> I was thinking that using ctags could be useful.

I use global, which somewhat similarly to lxr makes a nice hyperlinked version
of the source.  There's a src rpm at <ftp://ftp.vato.org/linux>.  It may be
out of date but last I looked it seemed like the package may no longer be
maintained.  I usually do something like:

% cd /usr/src/linux-foo
% gtags [options]
% htags [options]
% mv HTML /home/httpd/html/kernel_tour

*  tpepper at vato dot org             * Venimus, Vidimus, *
*  http://www.vato.org/~tpepper     * Dolavimus         *