[svlug] pacbell dsl

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Wed May 17 19:34:39 PDT 2000

> I would be an old man ready for
> retirement before i could get set up again.

:(

> and ran several tests threw out the night
> and got, 929.7 low---1179.1 high. Have

That's pretty good. My brother has it via pacbell as well (for over
a year). There have been times that I've seen stuff come down at
around 142k/sec; also times where the stuff is a lot slower. That's
almost, but not quite, 1.5meg(abits)/sec at the high end.

I imagine he's got a 'regular' dsl line rather than one that
guarantees 1.5 megabits/sec downloading: in fact, I suspect that
such a 'regular' dsl line will give you occasionally high d/l
rates in that range, but not *guarantee* it in times of high
usage.

> over  http://www.annanova.com
> all day long. --randy

Neato wow ;)

David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.