[svlug] eWeek article on MS Outlook

kmself@ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 17 18:08:08 PDT 2000

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 05:51:12PM -0700, dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com wrote:
> > I think what Rick is describing is much more like "python foo.py", where
> > foo.py's permissions are largely irrevelant. Just subsctitute visual
> > basic for python[1] and ILOVEYOU for foo.py
>
> Except that 'python foo.py' does not normally run as root.

Irrellevant if luser has an email account and addresses list available
to foo.py.  Seperation of toxic effects and propogation vector.  User
privs mitigates effects, not vector.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?       Debian GNU/Linux rocks!