[svlug] DSL woes

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Tue May 16 21:23:00 PDT 2000

> What if you opened your conversation with
>
> 	To ensure the quality of your service, this call may be
> 	recorded.

Hell. I should have done that last night -- they had the gall to
call me to offer me one of their services and said that the call
might be recorded. I can't get them to call me for DSL, but they'll
call me to sell me some service that I'm sure to find useless.

BTW though I'm getting DSL -- fastpoint. Any comments? The person
I talked to tonight was very helpful, said I could get 608K dn/128K up
for $49.95 (same as PacBell), said that Linux was not a "problem", and
overall, the setup looked OK. I don't yet have too many technical
details on the install -- more to follow.

> Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I
> Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/  | have leisure; for perhaps you will
> down:  http://www.loyalty.org/   (CAF)  | not have leisure.  -- Pirke Avot 2:5

David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.