[svlug] serial console slowness

Arthur Thomas arthur at sitesmith.com
Tue May 16 19:24:27 PDT 2000

i put

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14
        append = "console=ttyS0,9600"
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/sda1

in my /etc/lilo.conf and i reran /sbin/lilo

when I reboot, i get serial console access but it's real slow. normally my
server would be at a login prompt in around 30-45 seconds using the vga card.
on the serial port, it's taking about 5 minutes for a login prompt. the dmesg
scrolls by at a snails pace.

any ideas on how to remedy this?

Arthur Thomas				          Sitesmith, Inc.
arthur at sitesmith.com 		              phone: 408.987.6405
Site Engineer		                  24x7 ICCC: 888.898.7667