[svlug] Suse 6.4?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 16 17:51:13 PDT 2000

Quoting Will Francis (wfrancis at incyte.com):

> For eariler versions, the entire distribution is posted, but not so
> for 6.4.

Hmm.  I'm _very_ surprised to hear that.  My understanding is that the
SuSE distribution as represented by the six-CD boxed set is proprietary
because of some proprietary components, while the "eval" CD was
specifically created to be freely distributable, and is therefore
allowed to be put on ftp sites, etc.  (On some sites, the ISO9660
image file does not contain the string "eval", but that's what it is.)

You may want to double-check your understanding about earlier versions
-- though I could be wrong.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           "Make vole, not raw."