[svlug] [OT] Joke

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at best.com
Tue May 16 17:21:02 PDT 2000

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 10:32:48AM -0700, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> I hope I am not the only member of the SVLUG list offended by this "joke".
> Or do we quietly accept this use of an offensive term for gays?
>
> At 10:01 AM 5/16/00 -0700, Ivan Passos wrote:
> >
> >First day of class. ...
> [rest deleted]

> Ray Olszewski                                        -- Han Solo
> Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray at comarre.com
---end quoted text---

I found the post to be quite sad. And it has nothing to do with being
politically correct. In the San Francisco Bay Area, public displays of
insults against a group of people is widely recognized to be socially
unacceptable behavior rooted in ignorance. No one should be judgemental
about such activities, but enlightened folks realize those who participate
in such activity reflect poorly on themselves.

Karen
--
----
  Karen Shaeffer