[svlug] [OT] Joke

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 16 14:10:29 PDT 2000

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> I see the role of "PC" not as necessary, but as an outcropping of the
> fact that we have a bunch of mutually hostile groups trying to live
> together as a quasi-coherent entity.

Many sharing a belief that your personal views inherently hold great
fascination for others, provided only that you hold them strongly enough.
And, in particular, that everyone should be immediately and urgently
informed of anything that offends you, with the expectation of its
immediate (and preferably retroactive) removal on those grounds alone.

> ObLinux: Interesting article on redirects at:
> http://lwn.net/2000/features/Redirect.phtml

I believe this is the vulnerability that Joey Hess has been getting
the Debian sites to correct.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           "Make vole, not raw."