[svlug] [OT] Joke

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Tue May 16 11:02:17 PDT 2000

This is it itself.  I've seen the exact same thing.  A good friend who
is gay, jokes with other non-gay friends of mine, and calls them fags and
more.

Fag used to have a different meaning, just like queer.  People associate
meanings.  Too many people take those meanings and get offended, wether
they should or not, and usually not.  Should I be offended if called straight?
Should I really care?  Should all the PC crap just be flushed down the toilet
and every just get a life and worry about real things like crime, hunger
and how you're going to survive tomorroe?  Probably.  It's scary when you
see on the news that a 4yr old was hit by a hit and run driver, and it
gets a 30sec sound byte on the news, but the ILOVEYOU bug gets 15mins and
people get overly antagonistic about crap like this PC stuff.

If you don't like something someone says, and you ask them not to say
it again, and they don't offer to stop, don't make an issue, just use
procmail and delete anything that person sends.

Robert

Thus spake Derek J. Balling (dredd at megacity.org):