[svlug] [OT] Joke

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue May 16 10:39:23 PDT 2000

begin  Ray Olszewski quotation of Tue, May 16, 2000 at 10:32:48AM -0700:

> I hope I am not the only member of the SVLUG list offended

Off-topic traffic is bad for the list. Non-Linux-related
Microsoft-bashing is bad for the list. Let's just leave it at that.

On many fora, it's traditional that if you MUST post some off-topic
drivel, that you have to post some on-topic fact too.  I think it's a
good rule to follow. So I will post this:

ObLinux:
A local (650 area code) entrepreneur is now selling printed circuit
boards for the LART, which is a small, StrongARM based mini-Linux box
with support for Ethernet, IDE, and a serial port. Looks like just the
thing to whomp up a wearable computer a or car MP3 player if you know
how to solder.  And the hardware design is freely available.  Here's
the ordering page:
http://pweb.netcom.com/~sv_calif/

And here's the main LART page:
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/