[svlug] eWeek article on MS Outlook

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 16 08:26:22 PDT 2000

Quoting Joey Hess (joey at kitenet.net):

> I think what Rick is describing is much more like "python foo.py", where
> foo.py's permissions are largely irrevelant. Just subsctitute visual
> basic for python[1] and ILOVEYOU for foo.py

Just so.  I believe Deirdre was saying that the bundled e-mail client in
MacOS X (one that she didn't like) did not set attachments to be
executable, thereby avoiding the mishap described.

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,