[svlug] Email length

Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat emayssat at valinux.com
Mon May 15 13:43:31 PDT 2000

I meant that if the MUA of the sender does not do it,
after all you have no guararnty,
the only place to enforce it is the MTA. That's all.
I agree this is not really the purpose of the MTA,
in other words, you can not enforce it....
So why ask for it in the first place?

Now that I think of it, the MUA of the receiver is even a better place.
So maybe you should review your MUA configuration if you want to
see such a feature implemented by "everybody". This is just a suggestion.

BTW:
I believe I have always replied to your emails in a courteous manner.
It may be time for you to do so !
So please stop being so sarcastic.

--
Emmanuel

 Quoting Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat (emayssat at valinux.com):
 > Quoting "Derek J. Balling" <dredd at megacity.org>

 >>  No. An MTA must _NEVER_ dick with the contents of the message. The
 >>  MTA does not know what standard is necessary for the content
 >>  contained within, nor SHOULD it care. It is a TRANSPORT agent, just
 >>  as the acronym states. It has nothing to do with CONTENT whatsoever.
 >
 > I agree, see reply to Marc for comments.

 Are you the Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat (emayssat at valinux.com) who wrote

      "A better way to enforce 76 char/line would be to configure
      the MTA ( mail server ) to do the job."

 ...or are you perhaps some different Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat
 (emayssat at valinux.com)?

 By the way, I've fixed (above) your broken quoting style.

 --
 Cheers,
 Rick Moen                           "Make vole, not raw."

| Robert-Emmanuel Mayssat                      @ VA Linux, Inc       |
| https//vaweb.valinux.com/~emayssat           Desk # : 408/542-8759 |