[svlug] Email length

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 15 13:16:19 PDT 2000

Quoting Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat (emayssat at valinux.com):
> Quoting "Derek J. Balling" <dredd at megacity.org>

>>  No. An MTA must _NEVER_ dick with the contents of the message. The
>>  MTA does not know what standard is necessary for the content
>>  contained within, nor SHOULD it care. It is a TRANSPORT agent, just
>>  as the acronym states. It has nothing to do with CONTENT whatsoever.
>
> I agree, see reply to Marc for comments.

Are you the Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat (emayssat at valinux.com) who wrote

     "A better way to enforce 76 char/line would be to configure
     the MTA ( mail server ) to do the job."

...or are you perhaps some different Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat
(emayssat at valinux.com)?

By the way, I've fixed (above) your broken quoting style.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           "Make vole, not raw."