[svlug] Email length

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 15 11:31:36 PDT 2000

Quoting Emmanuel-Robert Mayssat (emayssat at valinux.com):

[...]

> You may say, you can do it by filtering your outgoing email in par or
> such, but what is the default behaviour of netscape ( or MH or Mutt
> ... ) ?

"My software defaults made me do it" has never been a good excuse for
anything, let alone justifying annoying and clueless behaviour.

And by the way, arguing against standard and obvious netiquette
guidelines by citing RFCs will merely tend to persuade people that
you're Unclear On The Concept or otherwise not worth bothering with.

> A better way to enforce 76 char/line would be to configure the MTA
> ( mail server ) to do the job.

Yeah, right.  Maybe we can fix people's grammar and spelling there, too.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           "Make vole, not raw."