[svlug] Acer 620 USB Scanner

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun May 14 13:23:28 PDT 2000

Quoting dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com (dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com):

> Most should be supported. Since USB was mentioned, I don't know. But
> isn't USB support expected soon, if not already available, in
> development kernels?

Available as a third-party patch in 2.0/2.1/2.2, rewritten by the core
developers in 2.3 (http://www.linux-usb.org/), and backported from 2.3
to 2.2.14 (http://www.suse.cz/development/usb-backport/).  Be warned
that USB support is not an all-or-nothing proposition:  USB is a rather
ill-defined bus, and driver support must be developed for each separate
device family and communications protocol used over the bus.

See also:  http://linuxusbguide.sourceforge.net/

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           "Make vole, not raw."