[svlug] Kingston KNE110TX ethernet card

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Sun May 14 11:54:58 PDT 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 11:49:08AM -0700, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> If you are getting the version of the service that uses PPPoE (PPP over
> Ethernet), and you almost surely are, your real concern should be finding an
> appropriate PPPoE package for Linux. They do exist, and other who got PB DSL
> after the PPPoE cutover date should be able to help you there.

I  was  using the  PPPoE  package  from  the  roaringpenguin page  (look  in
freshmeat). It worked fairly well but don't expect your connection (and your
dynamic IP) to stay up for weeks at a time.
For  $15 more,  you can  get a  real ISP  and a  static IP  from rawbandwith
(http://www.tsoft.com/)

Marc

Finger marc_f at merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information