[svlug] Mapquest to find your CO (was: DSL woes)

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Sat May 13 09:27:20 PDT 2000

> I have seen a URL somewhere that gives you feet to the CO from your
> place of residence.  I will look for it tomorrow.

On the web page http://www.dslreports.com there are links to compute
your distance in feet from a CO. To me, it is not clear whether these
central offices are PacBell's or not, but they could be if the service
uses PacBell wire. Anyhow, the link told me that I was between 9K and
10K feet from Covad's and Northpoint's central offices.

I tried PacBell's locator last night; it was not working.

> Blue skies...		Cannonball  	http://www.mrball.net
> *       One GUI to rule them all, One GUI to find them        *
> *One GUI to bring them all, and with the blue screen bind them*
> *       In the land of Redmond, where the shadows lie.        *

David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.