[svlug] DSL woes

Rafael raffi at linwin.com
Sat May 13 00:08:36 PDT 2000

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

> WAIT!  You mean this email exchange is being recorded!

Yes, and it will be used against you at your earliest inconvenience. Of
course, if you work on the East cost the rules and technology are
different.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51999-2000May11.html

"Now an executive with a Northern Virginia information technology company,
Gallant said she attempted to have the underlying computer programming
errors rectified immediately, but no funds were made available for
months..."

I thought that only the departments I ever worked in had financial
problems... The only difference is that we ALWAYS had good backups.

After years of computer experience still don't know what "computer
programming errors" is. I'm willing to donate my Linux box and support to
make sure no mail gets lost in the WH if that's necessary.

But I love comedy.

> > (searches archives...)  :)
> ---- As written by Rafael:

> > > Have at least one impartial witness monitor the call, and then have the
> > > witness file a sworn affidavit with the PUC attesting to the confirmed
> > > appointment.
> > >

> > Companies usually warn you about recording the conversation for quality
> > purposes. You can announce the same at the begining of the conversation.
> > They might take it as their internal recording :-)

> --
> /* Robert Hajime Lanning                             lanning at lanning.cc
> ** Trade: Unix Systems Administrator (Senior level)
> */
> #include <std_disclaimer.h>

   O__  ---- Rafael Skodlar
  c/ /'_ --- Linux Imagineer since 1994