[svlug] Off the list?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 12 23:04:49 PDT 2000

Quoting Ray Olszewski (ray at comarre.com):

> Simpler would be just writing a (trivially easy) program that
> responded to ALL messages sent to (in the present case)
> majordomo at svlug.org with an automated reply directing the requestor to
> the mailman facilities for unsubscribing. This could be the Web
> interface, an e-mail interface (mailman has one; Rick's earlier reply
> to me, presumably in the list archives, has the details); or both.

Yes, that's what I used to have on my old 486 box, when I converted
_its_ facilities from majordomo to Mailman.  Unfortunately, being lazy
about it, I wrote it as a shell script invocation, which I'm sure you
realise was a horribly insecure thing to do.  I didn't keep it around
for long.

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,