[svlug] Acer 620 USB Scanner

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Fri May 12 20:51:07 PDT 2000

At Fri, 12 May 2000 it looks like Kenneth Kellum composed:

kkellu->The local Micro Center is advertising a Acer 620 USB Scanner for $40 (after
kkellu->rebates).
kkellu->
kkellu->I looked on the web and found positive reviews for this scanner.  The
kkellu->information I fould RE Linux and this scanner were less certain.  I'd appreciate
kkellu->hearing from anyone who's used (or been unable to use) this puppy under Linux.
kkellu->
kkellu->Obviously, if I *really needed* a scanner, I'd have bought one by now.  Still,
kkellu->I'd like to have one and the price is right.

I can't recall exactly right now for I'm on an OpenBSD-2.6 box here at
home but at work I'm running 2.3.99-pre6 and it's got TONS of
"USB-this-and-that" support, I just browsed through it but was
commenting to my co-workers on the nuerous USB devices since I seem to
be the one using the latest kernel in my immediate group.

        Bill Schoolcraft  http://www.billschoolcraft.com
        PO Box 210076	         San Francisco, CA 94121

                " saevis tranquillus in undis "