[svlug] followup: NT on Navy Ships

Greg Herlein gherlein at quicknet.net
Fri May 12 09:19:44 PDT 2000

> 	1) An OS not ready for prime-time ( and we know what that is don't we )
>
> 	2) The Vast Canadian Conspiracy ( CAE Electronics wrote the
> offending S/W )
>
> 	3) Operator Error

I remember reading the full article in comp.risks - there was a
database entry error by an operator that put a zero into a field
that was later used as the divisor... and the code could not deal
with a divide by zero error.... crash.  If you look in the
comp.risks archives I'm sure you can find the entire article...
it was quite detailed.

Greg

Greg Herlein                              Quicknet Technologies, Inc.
Director, Super-Secret Project		  (yes, it really is secret)
gherlein at quicknet.net                     http://www.quicknet.net