[svlug] When does product tying stop being just an anti-trust issue and start becoming a national security issue???

Rafael raffi at linwin.com
Fri May 12 00:43:30 PDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000 dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com wrote:

> > anti-trust issue, and start talking about it from a damn national
> > security issue!!!  I think that's exactly what people are missing
>
> Indeed. I wonder how many .gov and .mil sites were hit by this
> latest virus. Of course, as that article I pointed people to
> yesterday says, why was a 'secure' computer with military sensitive
> information being used as an email machine anyway?
>

> > Really, where does this end?  I mean, we have yet to see a REALLY
> > DESTRUCTIVE macro virus yet!  What happens when it hits?!?!?!
>
> There have been some that IIRC would format or erase the data on
> your drives. That's destructive enough.

This is new era. '*.gov' is GPLing their "secrets."

http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/ig_deutch.html

Of course, there was a military ship towed due to it's computer
problems... Maybe this will bring the era of peace on Earth. Give windoze
to all militants of this world and watch them crash.

> > -- TheBS
> David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
> dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
> Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.

   O__  ---- Rafael Skodlar
  c/ /'_ --- Linux Imagineer since 1994