[svlug] When does product tying stop being just an anti-trust issue and start becoming a national security issue???

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Thu May 11 20:01:17 PDT 2000

> anti-trust issue, and start talking about it from a damn national
> security issue!!!  I think that's exactly what people are missing

Indeed. I wonder how many .gov and .mil sites were hit by this
latest virus. Of course, as that article I pointed people to
yesterday says, why was a 'secure' computer with military sensitive
information being used as an email machine anyway?

> Really, where does this end?  I mean, we have yet to see a REALLY
> DESTRUCTIVE macro virus yet!  What happens when it hits?!?!?!

There have been some that IIRC would format or erase the data on
your drives. That's destructive enough.

> -- TheBS
David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.